Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Why I love my Discover Card


On top of my couponing, I use my Credit Cards as a strategy to manage my finances.  I rarely pay with cash. Almost all reward cards have 1% cash back on your purchases so its another way to help get some more discounts with what Out of Pocket Money you do have to use to make your purchases.  My most used card is my Discover Card for the below reasons.

Discover Card has period themes for 5% cash back on your purchases.  From now till December, I will get back 5% for every charge I make in restaurants, clothing stores and department stores.  And 1% for everything else.

But on top of that they have Shop Discover, which is another opportunity to earn additional rewards if you shop at certain stores they partner with.  You just login to your Discover account, click on shop Discover and select store link from their site and buy with your Discover card.  For example, they partner with Groupon to give you 15% back.  If your an online shopper, this is just awesome! There's so many stores they work with the list would be too long but combining these with potential sales and free shipping codes can make your awesome deals even better!



And once you get enough rewards, you can redeem for Cash Back on your statement or gift cards.  Some gift cards give you bonus gift card balances as well.  For example, if I have $20 in rewards, I can redeem for a $25 Staples Gift card or $25 Express gift card.  Great time to start saving for Christmas gifts via gift cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment