Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How to Quickly Change up your Little Black Dress for Work


Over the years I've collected a lot of LBD's.  They fluctuate in hemlines, sizes and cuts.  I personally like the sheath dress cut the best, so I save that one for good occasions.  Overall, they are essential because they are always work appropriate, date appropriate, and SLIMMING!!!!!!!  Basically they are classic and you can wear them over and over.  My favorite one I've have for close to a decade and I still can wear it. So if you find a great one, its truly a great investment because your cost per wear will surprisingly in most cases justify the purchase.

Here's the one I wear most to work its Banana Republic but I got it new at a more upscale version of Pretty girl for $15.  A bargain compared to Banana Republics ridiculously high prices for dresses. Hence why the tag is cut.  It's got a A-Line cut, so this is great for creating the illusion of curves if you have a boy type slim body.  Plus, since I usually wear this when I'm too lazy to think about what to wear and NOT going to wear heels, the curvy effect distracts from my shortness in flats.  And let's not forget the hemline is just about an inch above the knee, which is work appropriate.  


Because you want to wear your clothes more than once without looking like your wearing the same outfit all the time, you can really create almost a new dress with accessories.  With the LBD you have so many options, the quickest is accessories.  And it'll look like a whole other dress.

Accessories Used

Club Monaco Leather Belt got on clearance for $10 last year Originally $59
Statement Necklace from Rainbow got recently for $5 



Version 1 : Use Statement necklace 
( I didn't use long necklace because this dress has has a trapezoid cut for a neckline)





Version 2: Use belt
(I invested in something over $5 in the case of this Club Monaco belt because it was real leather and because skinny belts are more flattering)



Shoes
If you want Vixen up your look for a date or event, then sexy high heels will make the difference.  
To add power for Work Meeting, you can slip on pumps with heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment