Sunday, October 23, 2011

Danice for cheap clothing basics




The secret to looking Fabulous in NYC without having your entire networth in your closet is avoiding retail stores as much as possible!  I've already posted on my two favorite sales in NYC for the cheapest finds an average of about $1 a piece and thats really an overestimate: NYC Housing Works Warehouse Sale and St. Johns Church sale.  But for those of you that hesitate over used clothing there's still some amazing deals to be found at some of my favorite stores for new clothes with tags.

A couple times a year I will make a trip to Jamaica Ave, in Queens (the last stop on E train) to do my non-second hand clothing buys.  Mostly, I pick up basics and cheap cheap shoes from what was formerly the $5 shoe store now about $7.

I rarely leave disappointed and typically almost never spend over $5 a piece.  My favorite Stores are Pretty Girl which are in a couple of neighborhoods in Queens (the one in Jamaica has whole basement of clearance) and Danice.  These stores do carry cheap clothes some are tacky and typical cheap clothes.  But the best finds is the cast offs from stores like Target, Forever 21, Derek Heart, Old Navy, Gap, and some middle range Macy Brands like Energie, etc.. its really random and its typically way lower regular price than you'd find waiting for clearance at these stores.

For those of you are are retail addicts,and skeptical..... the clothes are on the same level as teen Macy's, Old Navy, and Forever 21.  Sure the neighborhood isn't as posh and the stores don't look as nice but if you want to find a bargain I'd definately make the trip.  Plus because of the demographic of shoppers don't have my sense of style and lots of size Smalls and Mediums are left.. it's really a great opportunity to find deals.  I've also picked up some amazing Work Attire deals in the past prior to the recession when stores were getting more Retail Castoffs from over production.

Here's what I got today:


I wish my camera could do this Cap Sleeve Shirt justice.  It looks like a regular black t-shirt, but its actually woven like a light sweater and fitted to curves.  I only bought it because the details make it much more higher quality and similar too the expensive T-shirts that Cali designers put out in luxury lines.  Cost: $1.99!!!!!!!!!!


I can't resist the trapeze tanks, I love them because their so versatile and great for hiding muffin tops. I justified this buy because its an oatmeal color, higher quality fabric and stitching detail.  If you find similar style in Forever 21 it probably would cost between $7-14.. the higher quality I'd say would make it on the higher price range.  I don't think they carry this level of quality.  Cost: $1.99!!!!!


This is just a plain black T-shirt Cardigan extra long for legging and skinny jeans.  The pockets have a cool ruffle detail.  Roxy has one similar for around $40 in slighly better fabric.  But mines only Cost: $2.99!!!  


And lastly a sky blue long Hippy Skirt!  I collect these so I couldn't resist buying it at $2.99!!!!! 

Total Spent: $9.96 


If there were no sales on I would walk away.... fortunately, Danice is awesome for their seasonal clearance.  I didn't touch any of the Regular Price stuff like Derek Heart Cable Knit Cardy for $11 or midsleeve knee lenghy wrap like dresses for $10 or the Long Sleeve T-shirt Dresses for $15.  I'll wait for these to go on sale.

Danice
16327 Jamaica Avenue
JamaicaNY 11432

1 comment:

  1. The newest streetwear apparel for men: T-shirts, Hoodies, Sneakers, and Jackets. Original streetwear for men. Wide selection, secure payments, and fast delivery!
    mens streetwear

    ReplyDelete