Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Drug Store Game




**After Covergirl Deal, I still have a $10 Up, a $20 Up from the GUM deal and a $2.50 up from the Scope deal.  That's a lot of UP's to burn.

The $10 UP earned from Covergirl deal, I want to complete the PROFOOT deal since limit is 4 and I've only bought 1 so far.

Buy 3 Profoot Products at $4.99 each
- 3 ($3 MFC)
Opp: 11.97
If I use my prior $10 up and pay total OPP of $1.97 + tax
Submit for $12 Rebate
Great way SCR are great ways to turn UPs into cold hard cash.


Or even better scenario utilizing another P&G coupon
**updated for actuals


Buy 3 Profoot Products at $4.99 each

- 3 ($3 MFC)

Buy 1 Crest Toothpaste $2.59
-$1 MFC
----------------------------------------------
Total : $13.66 + tax (.23)
Use Prior $10 + $2.50 UP
Then total OPP : $1.06 + $.23 = $1.29
And then submit for $10.60 Rebate
Got $3 new ups
Total Cost real without using prior ups: $.19

** It's important to note that when your playing this Drugstore game, you want to use the least Out of Pocket Money (OPP)as possible, even if you charge it to your credit card.   To do that it involves sometimes Churning your UP rewards at Rite Aid or ECB's at CVS.  You strategize to get the best deals while spending the least OPP.  Stores give out the UPs and ECBs with the hope that after getting them you'll treat it as free money and just carelessly blow it on a Regularly Priced Item.  That ways they make some money back from you by making you pay an exorbitant amount on something not on sale.

This is why, I waited to get my $10 from the Cover Girl Deal before going for the rest of the Profoot deal. If I had done everything together I'd have had to shell out at least $13 vs $2 with this scenario and have to figure out what to do with another $10 up in two weeks in one transaction.  

 I still have my $20 up from the GUM deal was well, but I'm okay with keeping that because I couldn't plan my transactions this week to meet a OPP of $20, but next week it will be possible for all those Freebies.

No comments:

Post a Comment