Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where to Get Coupons


I don't consider myself an Extreme Couponer to the extent of those people you see on that TLC show, I don't have 100's of a weeks Coupon Circulars.  For the average couponer I think 4 is the max you'll ever need. Mostly because stores and even Manufacturers some times have a limit of 4 like coupons per transaction.

In NYC, if you live in the Outer Boroughs most likely your neighborhood every week gets a stack of free weekly ads from local stores and COUPONS!!!!  We're lucky in that sense because for the most part you don't even have to go buy an Expensive Sunday Paper for coupons.  For the most part on average you'll typically find at least one Coupon Source put out on your doorstep along with your store circulars.  

The THREE sources are:

Smart Source aka" SS mm/dd" is how most couponers reference each booklet.


Red Plum aka "RP mm/dd"








And lastly my HOLY jackpot of coupons...
P&G from Proctor and Gamble aka "PG mm/dd"


I consider this my holy jack pot of all coupon booklets because Proctor and Gamble produces a lot of products we all use Tide, Cascade, Olay, Pantene, Gillete, Secret, Covergirl, Scope, Bounty, etc and this is where you can get the coupons!   P&G typically only comes out ONCE a month and in my neighborhood they are not always included in the free weekly circular deliveries.  When they do I try to get at least 4 because the coupons are really good sometimes, and Rite Aid bases a lot of their deals off the timing of the P&G coupons.

SO if you get these on your doorstep take them because its free MONEY!!  Especially if your not an extreme couponer.  If your the type of person who is always going to buy lets say Folger Coffee, regardless of prices, then literally the $1 off coupon from this weeks circular is free money.  For me $1 off for one Folgers product is a great coupon, I'd put in the work to to wait for a sale and save even more.

 Personally, I like these coupons better because stores can't say you copied them and know for sure these are legit coupons. And now that I don't work for company that allows me to download coupon printer to print from work, I hate using money on ink to print my own coupons.  But sometimes, the best last minute deals and freebies come from internet coupons that you print at home.

To get internet coupons, there three main sources are coupons.com ( you can load from Swagbucks Sidebar to get Swagbucks for redemption);  smartsource.com  and redplum.com

And stores like Target and Rite Aid have their own online coupons that you can Stack with Manufacture Coupons.  

Lastly you can load electronic coupons to your Customer Loyalty Card by using Zavers.com  

I rarely do this because only store that participates by me is Pathmark and Waldbaums. They don't really have great coupon deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment