Wednesday, October 19, 2011

DIY Hot Chocolate Gift Idea from Target


So one thing I do around the Holidays is troll stores like Target to look at their gift sets for inspiration.  The inner tightwad in me just is amazed at how ridiculous the mark ups are.  Like last year for example, I saw this super cute Snowman bag filled with Cocoa Powder.  Basically because of the adorable packaging, they can fill in about 25 cents worth of instant Hot Cocoa powder and sell it for $2.99!!!!!!

So what I did last year it was truly one of the smartest things I did last year lol was buy this baby when it was at 90% off during Christmas Clearance for $.29 and took it a step further by keeping the packaging in tack.  Hence you see I even have the tag still.  So that this year, I can re-use the packaging and stuff my own mix of Cocoa Powder and tie the ribbon and BAM easy instant gift.  You can even tie a candy cane on it if want to splurge even more.

For those of you who are crafty, you can make a bunch of these for very little money and you'll have yourself cute teacher gift or small gesture gift of thanks or a great filler for gift basket.   

So be on the look out for HOT Cocoa on sale!

Note: I think this can be adapted for different occassion's like a Spa theme, and you can tea bags and mint in them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment