Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Movie Themed Gift Idea


  Last year, I was all stressed because I didn't plan ahead and when your stressed that's usually when you just give up and spurge on an expensive gift. So I thought I'd start on Inexpensive Gift Ideas Early this year. So everyone can get a head start on PLANNING.  So important, if you want to save money on gifts.
It's important to point out I AM NOT CRAFTY.  I wish I was so badly but I'm just don't have that gift of making things look super pretty.  If you have suggestion let me know, I need all the help I can get on that end.

MOVIE Themed Gift
 Basically great for all year round and for anyone who watches MOVIES.



Enclosed: Tons of Candy (Bar Chocolates) and 2 Official Paper Movie Certificates
Retail Value : $30 
(at least 4 King Size Individual Chocolate Bars and 2 Movie Tickets about $13 each)
Cost to Make: $10.20


What You'll Need:


1 Pack of Translucent Gift Bag
1 Pack of Pop Corn Paper Holders
FILLING: Candies, Movie Certificates or Codes, Gift Card for Movie Theater or Rental

Instructions:
Fill the bottom of the PopCorn Box with Tissue Paper or News Papers so your items stick out from PopCorn  Box.  Put in your items and put in Gift bag. Tie it and your done!  Super easy and very little Craft Skills needed.

I did this last minute last year with left over Gift Certificates for Movies I'd been gathering all year from deals and Free Candy Bars that came from CVS and Rite Aid Black Friday sales.  

I researched all these gift ideas and lots of them used Cellophane Wrapping.  But that stuff is super expensive!  I even went to Michaels with their 40% one item coupon, but I found that their stuff is so over priced.  And I hated the idea of spending so much on just packaging so I scoured the Dollar Store for better deals.  And I hit pay dirt, they had 20 translucent bags for $1 and 10 Pop Corn bags for $1 in the kids party section.

This year I haven't found any $5 ticket deals for paper certificates but as I've posted, I've found some great $5 per movie ticket Fandango deals.  Like the last one I posted from Google Deals, I bought 4!   What I'm probably going to have to do is print some kind of cute "movie ticket image with the codes and instructions" to put in the box.

What I'll be on the look out for ...
More ticket deals (really $5 is the lowest you'll find) Make sure to keep expiration dates in mind the last Fandango deal expires Dec 22, so that won't work if you are giving the gift Christmas day.
Candies (Halloween Clearance is coming up and of course Black Friday via Drugstores) I think I'm going to look for those cute old fashioned mini boxed candy to create a more interesting display of shapes and colors. Plus chocolate is expensive.

This year if I give these out on Christmas, I might solve the visual problem with my wrapping by using these awesome Christmas theme bags I got from Target last year on Clearance for about $.20 a pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment