Saturday, September 10, 2011

You got your sweater for a $1 a huh

At my last work place, this would pretty much be the flow of the conversation.  Coworker: "Hey, Frugalnycgirl nice expensive looking sweater you got there..."  Me: "thanks it was a dollar".  No one honestly would believe me that my sweaters were a dollar if not less!  It pretty much became a inner circle joke, they'd spot me in expensive sweater and I'd say it was a dollar. They'd give me that skeptical joke and laugh.  But it really was true!

I really have 1-3 amazing real Flea Market sales I'd go to every year and score pretty big.  The first two would be the St Johns Church Sale I just posted this morning.  Usually I'd walk about with huge bags I'd barely be able to carry home but this year I restrained myself.  This sale is personally my hidden gem of NYC, a real real actual Flea Market sale where stuff can be less than a dollar.  This year the belts were 5 for $1!!!!!! Their are people who literally take boxes of stuff home.  And I just found out this lady stuffed a whole box for $10.  You can definately try and haggle here.  And as the day near ends, they practically give stuff away.


I got all the above for $9 !!!!!

Sorry my camera quality really can't show you the quality of the clothes here.

*Brown Rabbit Hair Scarf  * Electric Blue Circle Scarf with Tags * Wool Victoria Secret Slacks * Ann Taylor Dress Shirt * Silk T-Shirt * Wool United Benetton Gray Sweater * United Benneton Mustard Yellow Sweater (very hot color) * Bright Blue Wool Banana Republic Sweater * Coral Cable Knit Sweater * Cashmere Mix White J Crew Cable Knit Sweater *Rabbit Mix Abercombie Sweater* Scarf Cardigan in Gray

Pretty much if you were new to NYC, the above is one weeks worth of Work Wear in Tops at least

* Purely for myself I got the cool vintage sweater that will go perfect with my black tights or skinny jeans and new boots

No comments:

Post a Comment