Wednesday, September 7, 2011

End of August 2011 Results




If it weren't for the $36 I spent on cigs. I'd be pretty happy with my End of August numbers, I kept to eating from my stock pile and utilizing the garden.  Only things I did buy was Bread and Milk.  But I know that with fall coming, I won't be able to keep my food numbers so low. Gosh I spent more on cigs than everything else combined. Grrr..I totally need to take Chinatown bus too Virginia or something..

Note for next year, is to be really strict with food budget in summer since Garden can only produce in summer.  Most of my excess expense was for treating my little cousin to Chipotole, if I had planned better I would have used a Groupon.


On the money making side, I'm a little disappointed with my laziness here. I'm on track just barely; I think given the cost of the holidays and my pending vacation plans.  I'm going to start researching a stock to put my money in while the market stays depressed. I've been re-reading "The Millionaire Maker" again and it seems silly that I'm benching my most useful skill and being so conservative.  I suppose while I've become so fixated on couponing; I've forgotten to focus on the Money Maker portion of the equation.

MONEY to be sent to Allied Bank  $  829.42
Grand Total Saved  $2892.96

Scary.... only 8 more paychecks this year to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment