Thursday, August 18, 2011

Money Maker Deals





Newbie couponers will probably run across the term Money Maker a lot.  It's basically when you make money off buying something.  Surprisingly this can happen regulary, it used to happen a lot before that TLC show "Extreme Couponers" came out but its definately something to look out for.


Remember my last Rite Aid post on the 4 Huge bottles of Crest Mouthwash I got? reminder;  I paid originally $12.69 and submitted for a $10 SCR, which is basically a check you can cash for real money.  Thereby making my total cost for the 4 Huge bottles, $2.69.  I mentioned that if were to pick up the below brush, I'd have a money maker.  Well, I did finally pick it up and I'll show you how this became a money maker deal.



Here's my transaction details:



But on top of that, because there was a buy $25 worth of selected Oral Care products and get $5 up reward deal, I got a $5 up reward at the end of my receipt after purchasing this electronic toothbrush.


So accounting for the fact I spent $2.69 on the mouthwash.  My total money maker amount on these two transactions is $2.31 !!


Which might not be a big deal most of you but remember everything I got was a necessity, I would have had to buy it anyways.  If I had just been my prior self and just walked into the store and conveniently bought this with no concern about price I would have paid {$29.16 + $2.52 in tax}.


With couponing, I didn't have to comprise on quality everything is unexpired and top of the line and I got paid $2.31 to buy it ALL.  On another level, you really want to take care of your teeth and gums because even with insurance Dental Procedures are super expensive.  The best frugal tip, I can think of for your personal health is PREVENTION.


Best Places for Money Maker Deals:
RiteAid
CVS
Walmart ** especially with their new coupon policy that will allow you to apply extra coupon money to your regular purchases

No comments:

Post a Comment