Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Good Bye Time Warner Cable


For those of you living in Queens and Brooklyn, you problem can understand the absolute JOY I felt when I canceled my Time Warner Cable.  I paid $30/ a month for basic Cable channels, awful customer service and constant interruptions to service.  For about a one time purchase of an HD antenna that costs about $150 from Amazon ($75 for me after my Swag Bucks awards); I get even clearer reception on my HD TV than when I was paying for CABLE!  And to top it off, I even have more channels. The only reason I bought the more expensive outdoor antenna was for the Chinese Cable channels.  If you just want basic cable; the $30 indoor antenna I originally got, will more than do that job.  You do want to test it out first if you get the cheaper ones to make sure your apartment receives what you want.  Either way with HULU and all these free premium Cable TV episodes sites, I’m in total Frugal Girl Heaven.  I am just annoyed I didn’t learn about this sooner!

Savings: $360 year  (not to mention mental health improvement from not having to constantly deal with Time Warner Customer Service)

No comments:

Post a Comment