Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MID- August Numbers


First thing, I did is paid off my credit card minimum.  It's long term debt because I think for 3 more months, I can enjoy zero APR .  I have this horrible habit of forgetting to pay bills on time, so this really makes it easier for me.  It also forces me not to make excuses for not paying a bill like a responsible adult.

I spent nearly 50% more than the last pay period.  Obviously the Cigs, killed my budget and I really am going to try to cut down and quit by end of this year.  But boy this was a stressful last two weeks and how do you quit an almost decade habit sigh.  

Besides that since Groupon is one of the few sites I can access at work, I think this is making me go overboard.  I still get 15% cash back rewards with my Discover Card, but I really don't need to eat out that much.

I spent more on food this period as well, even though I was pretty good with using my food stockpile.  Too be honest, I really don't need to buy anymore food except the occasional veggie.  So I'll really concentrate on not deviating till the next pay period.  My freezer is packed! I'm even gonna try moving it to my works shared freezer, since no one uses it.

Here's my Side Money figures:


I did really well this period because of a Stub Hub sale.  That may have been why I overspent this period. Now that I know this, I'll be more aware for next time.  Otherwise it would have been horrible figures.  I've just been procrastinating on Ebay. I really do have some stuff, that it would be ideal to sell now. So I think that will be my upcoming weekend must do.

The Final Results.... $  1,290.79 is going to my Ally High Interest Savings account.


Which brings my GRAND TOTAL: $2,063.54

Only 8 more paychecks to go for this year !  I'm a little nervous because I literally have to keep this pace up for another 4.5 months to barely make my goal.  And I have a vacation, I haven't planned for yet to pay for too.  I'm also excited too because I think I can do it !! But just in case, I really am going to step up and be creative on how to make some side money.  Suggestions definately welcome..

No comments:

Post a Comment