Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene



So everyone at work was talking about Hurricane Irene Friday, how when they went to supermarkets shelves were empty yada yada.  Well good news for Flushing residents is that we're always stocked up.  Maybe the Mom and Pop stores here have a special Chinese DistributionSystem?  Either way, a bunch of my non-NYC colleagues get free Manhattan Hotel stays this weekend.  So unfair! My commute is just as long as half of them if not longer.

PRO of Couponing

But either way because of my couponing and stockpile, I don't have to go out and be among the frenzy of panicky shoppers.

I just went over my sales ads for the weekend and really there were no good deals worth mentioning aside from the Rite Aid ad which was planned by their corporate before the Hurricane Irene Announcement. All stores are taking advantage of our fears and keeping prices high.  So if you can avoid shopping this weekend do so, unless you really need some emergency supplies.

Be safe ! Remember MTA is beginning SHUTDOWN at noon today.

And.. if you were thinking of stocking up on FREE entertainment like books and DVD's from the Queens Library.. I just checked their all going to be closed this weekend because of the pending Hurricane.

No comments:

Post a Comment