Saturday, August 20, 2011

Main Street Flushing Weekend Food Runs


So my unlimited Metro Card ran out this past Thursday, which I'm acutally happy with because I'm a little tired of going places to max out my metro card.  So today at least I'm going to be sticking local.  Living in Flushing we have so many thrifty places to eat and shop for food.

For the freshest American fruits and veggies, I go to one of my favorite supermarkets "HMART".  I love going on weekends because they always have food sample stations of expensive korean food I would normally never buy.  Aside from that that do have really good random sales.

This weekend I picked the best below.  Note: Yellow deals are for the weekend only.



If I'm dying for meat in the summer and feel really lazy, I wait for one of their Marinated Beef Sales.  For $4.99/ lb, its pre-marinated in Korean BBQ sauce and all you have to do to cook is put on grill.  Yummi with just plan white sticky rice on the side.  This week they also have the Short Plate without marinade, which is a great super thrifty option for getting their thinly sliced beef and saving some money buy using your own marinade.

The Jasmine rice is not great sticky rice but its super for making Fried Rice and Spanish Style rice.  Which would make each serving of cooked rice about $.15 each.  Definately, worth buying if your on a frugal mission.

Hmart also for those out of towners has a large parking lot at all their locations.


I personally go to the Northern 141 location because its super convenient.  There's a GW Supermarket, Rite Aid and Staples, all ONE block away.  I do all my frugal store runs in one quick sweep.


Speaking of GW Supermarket, this weekend only they have a great deal on the below.



If your a semi-health nut like me, cheap Spinach is golden!! It's like one of the most vitamin packed veggies out there. This also one of my favorite regular stores to scour for those $1 bag deals.
 Hmm, this would be a great weekend to make JapChae since the key ingredients I don't have (marinated beef and spinach are on sale).


And lastly, last weeks hot spot "Sky Foods"


 On top of the lobster and bananas.. They have 5 for $2 Garlic Bags and if your thinking of cooking JapChae like me $.99 Korean Potato Noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment