Sunday, February 26, 2012

Scarfs as Necklaces




You probably can guess, I've moved on to decluttering and organizing my Scarfs. It's ALOT easier than moving on to Tops yikes.  I came across my spring/summer dressy scarfs from a couple years ago back when head scarves were all the rage.  


I had a mini bag full of  the fake silk, chiffon kind that I got like for 4 for $1 at the dollar store.  Like the above that are 36" by 7.5" rectangles.  Even though their light, I was still thinking of whether or not I should put them in my to pack pile.  These two are probably the ugliest ones that I forgot to put in my laundry pile.

As the true procrastinator that I am I started researching scarfs and their multiple uses.  I already know that their great for corporate dress code, belts, hair bands but ONE of the coolest things I hadn't considered was as statement necklaces!!!


I did the above just like the Hermes instructions, and even though its not luxurious silk...I think it could work and the best part is they work really well with casual outfits too.



I think the funkier the print the cooler the necklace.  This one I did two simple knots and the last note I made it bigger with multiple knots like a tie and tucked in the ends.

I was trying to do this look, but its been a while since I tied a knot...which I admit looks great because of the silk fabric.  I bet that the faux silk would look just as good.



After I complete my move, I'd really want to get some pieces to do the below more complex statement scarf necklaces.





So yeah, I'm definately packing these babies. Especially since I've come to the conclusion that I will probably only packing mostly bland basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment