Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jewelry Organization on the Cheap


I was researching online cheap Jewelry Organization and Storage Ideas and I found a bunch of great ideas.  Some which don't cost you a dime if you already have them around your house.

RINGS/ SMALL EARRINGS

Chocolate boxes!!!!!!  If you haven't yet thrown away your Valentines Day or Holiday boxes, this would be a great way to reuse your boxes. I've always felt gulity about throwing away such pretty boxes so this is a great way to be more GREEN and save money.   Logically if you think about it chocolate nuggets are the same size as some rings and small earrings, and most boxes come with that carved out separated plastic molding just perfect for you to drop small earrings and rings into.


Like the above from Godiva.


And Rocher is awesome too because they have clear plastic tops so you can store and easily see what you have on hand and protect items from dust.


This one is a deluxe box from high end chocolate retailer but look how it would be perfect for organizing a huge collection.  I love them all better than traditional bulky jewelry boxes especially since most come in super flat boxes perfect for stacking and space saving.  

Large Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces

Muffin tins are perfect, especially if you have ones that have been scratched up or you've upgraded to silicone bakeware.  I'd use them for Bracelets mostly because I've found out the hard way that Bracelets with elastic bands should not be hung or they will stretch out and become useless.  I love this idea because there are tons of really cute organizers out there but realistically, I need to just dump my jewelry at the end of the day.  Realistically, I wouldn't have the patience to go the extra step and hang stuff...yess I am that lazy.


If you want to take it a step further you can spray paint them a pretty color.  Like this crafter did.  And if you don't have any... you can always go looking for some damaged ones at thrift stores.

Silver Jewelry (small)



I read somewhere, that you shouldn't mix metals with each other because they will react and rust faster.  Not sure if its true but for me since I'm moving, I'll probably bag my more expensive silver jewelry in small zip locks.  They actually sell them one of my local asian gift stores but I'm not sure of the price.  Amazon does seem like my next best bet because with Amazon Prime shipping is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment