Sunday, February 19, 2012

Operation Declutter: Going CRAZY organizing my clothes


I feel almost ashamed to say that this is how I feel right now during Operation Declutter and this is just organizing CLOTHES!!!!!



I have literally spent the last 48 hours doing non-stop laundry and drying clothes for storage!!!!!! The drying part is the worst, it's like the top of my jeans don't dry at the same rate as the rest.  Normally I would just put it in drawer or let it hang dry but I'm trying to at least get some stuff ready for storage so everything I'm storing needed to be a 100% dry.






This is what I've been able to organize so far... I've eliminated, grouped, washed, delinted and bagged the easiest stuff first.


  • Work Pants (Formal Dress Pants)
  • Nice Work Button Down Dress Shirts
  • Jeans
  • Sweatshirts
  • Gym Exercise Clothes
  • Premium Denim  (ok just in space bag right now I haven't figured out what to pack yet for Premium Denim)

Thank You... 6 Items or Less Challenge!!  Honestly, I am only wearing the most minimal of clothes right now so I can store all the above away.  If it hadn't been for learning about the 6 Items or Less Challenge, I would not have been confident enough to pack this stuff away.  By doing the mock run for work outfits, I become really confident in the belief that you really don't need many clothes.  My old self, would have ruined all the nice packing and not have been able to put this stuff away in storage because I'd always feel like I'd have to go back and get just one thing.  Hence, why my bedroom flow always has a stream of clothes on the floor.  By limiting your choices, you become a lot more efficient in dressing quickly and decluttering.


I still have tons to do:


Buy More Bags
Figure out how I'm going to sort and store... Sweaters, Tops, Accessories and Casual Pants, Skirts, Dresses (basically the way more unique and challenging pieces)


No comments:

Post a Comment