Sunday, February 12, 2012

My 6 Items Selected for the Challenge

Can you imagine this as your entire closet for a MONTH?? 




I honestly didn’t take a long time to pick my pieces, I’ve already packed away a lot of my clothes so I actually had limited options.  And OMG, I mean OMG, most were the pieces I’ve barely worn the last couple of seasons … so I was really blown away by the fact the preliminary outfits are pretty great and corporate work appropriate!!!!!!!!!




1)      Light Grey Zara Wool Dress
Okay, I confess I picked this dress out in a SALES haze at Zara.  It was like 75% off, I think ….but still one of the more expensive things I’ve bought in the last couple of years.  I think it was $20, because anything above that I would have definitely remembered.  I’m not sure why I bought this maybe I was heavier but in styling for this challenge I’ve realized it’s really a mini-skirt shift dress for someone taller and heavier.  In hind sight I probably shouldn’t have bought this dress because the dress isn’t well fitted and not even an full A Line skirt.  Point being the sale haze blinded me to the faults of this dress and as a result I don’t wear this dress as much as I should have considering this is way more than I’d normally spend on a piece of clothing.  I might have bought this because I was looking for a baggy sack cloth dress in light gray wool …something to hide my MUFFIN TOP and just wear with black tights for a mod look.  For that purpose this dress does the job but the poor fit made it more of a difficulty to style because the skirt portion layered with other tops creates what looks like a baggy short pencil skirt. Lesson: don’t overlook flaws in a sales haze, if you want a piece to work with multi-looks make sure it fits right!!
2)      Forever 21 Plaid Pencil Skirt
I got this a while back at Goodwill near Union Square for I think $8 definitely know it was under $10.  I do wear this because it’s a good fit but I hadn’t worn it at all this past year because I’d lost it in pile of my clothing clutter.  Hence why I choose this skirt because the rest of my skirts have been packed away somewhere I can’t recall at the moment.
3)      Navy Blue Cardigan
Again, I used to love this Cardigan but hadn’t worn it I’d say for at least 2 years because it was hidden in my clutter.  I love this Cardigan especially for this challenge because its super versatile, I think it originally before I shrunk this in wash was one of those multiple style cardies and it’s also light weight material.  I think its Ann Taylor or Gap because of the tag style I got this at my favorite hidden gem store that sells discarded retail clothes but to do so they shred the brand name of the label for $5.
4)      Anna Sui Blazer
This was a magical find for $5 many years ago, it’s hard to say if it’s authentic considering I got it on a sale rack in a Chinese Fashion store in Flushing.  But they quality, fit and style is really top notch and I don’t care if it’s a knockoff.  I used to wear it a lot but not in the last couple years because I’d forgotten about it.
5)      Dark Grey Blazer by Harve Benard
This blazer I got in Thrift Shop back in high school, inspired by one Charlotte Casiraghi was wearing.  I do love this blazer and I wear it a lot!! It’s the only piece that I have worn to death!!!!!  Ironically, this is part of an original work suit set but I rarely wear it to work because it looks best with jeans and colorful dresses and tights.
6)      Hot Pink Sweater by Marks and Spencer
I got this sweater in a moment of weakness last year  because I hadn’t bought anything in a long time and it was hot pink.  I used the color to justify my purchase and the fact it was $5 at my favorite hidden gem store.  This was my last pick because I already saw that I could probably make enough outfits with the other 5 pieces and I didn’t want all my outfits to be all boring black and grey.


No comments:

Post a Comment