Thursday, January 24, 2013

White Bean Hummus Pasta Revisited with Croutons


Earlier this week, I made White Bean Hummus Pasta and had leftovers.  Normally, I would freeze them so I can rotate my meals.  I think that's key to eating frugally, if you eat the same thing all the time regardless of how low it costs, you will get tired of it.  And the likelihood of you making the cost effective recipe is less.  But since, I'm low on freezer space at the moment and this leftover meal needed to be eaten. I made spiced it up by adding home made croutons ( I already had batch cooked) and it was a surprising success.  I'd never thought to add croutons and pasta before but the crunchiness of the croutons added a new layer of texture to the meal that made it a perfect compliment !

No comments:

Post a Comment