Sunday, January 13, 2013

Leftovers Pasta


One thing that constantly is spoiling in my Fridge is the Jarred Pasta Sauce, I think its because its Jarred I think it has a decent Fridge life left and since pasta is the food I freeze and batch cook the least I find its easy to forget about.  The easiest solution to avoiding waste is to freeze it but it you don't have the space in your freezer... left over pasta is a good idea.  As well as using it as a sauce for your meat dishes.

Since, I was trying to scour my fridge for meal ideas without buying more food to avoid food waste I found the below needed to be consumed.


I had left over meat, because I tend to eat meat sparingly these days so if I have more than necessary for my bowl of rice, instead of over indulging I leave as leftovers.  With the half Bell Pepper, I had laying around all did was chop.  Then put all the leftovers in the pasta sauce, and toss over cooked pasta.  And like magic a meal of leftovers was created!!!!  It's not genius or fancy but left over chicken, mushrooms and other veggies like carrots, onions could have easily been substituted.  This quick meal, eliminated a couple things I had in my lower fridge that needed to be consumed.


Fortunately for me, I still had a huge stash of Garlic Knots ready to microwave and accompany my meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment