Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Freegan Breakfast courtesy of Le Pain Quotidien


It's official, I am so totally becoming a freegan I went on a another tour and I'm in complete awe!!!! I get why now some Freegan's will say they eat better than most people because NYC is unique in its high end food sources.  


I got the above from Le Pain Quotidien a high end organic NYC bakery chain.  Where muffins and crossiants run from $3.50 to $3.95 each!! It's just crazy they throw out bags of fresh in some cases it was still warm pastries and bread all neat in clear bags filled with just food!!!


The dark muffin was filled with Dates inside, so delish and healthy and completely out of my budget.


I would have gotten more because they literally had whole loaves of organic bread, at least 2 huge clear garbage bags full but I just literally didn't have any more bags to fill up.  And for those of you who think its gross, everything was clean and they separated the food from their normal garbage.  
This one run, literally supplied me with a weeks worth of amazing breakfast and all for FREE!  Honestly, this is better than Couponing even!!!

I really think I am going to keep doing this, I know for sure now that I am never ever going to buy Bread again!!! I didn't even touch the bounty of breads at Panera.  I'm super excited because this is going to save me a lot of money. And it was only my Second tour with the group!



No comments:

Post a Comment