Saturday, January 19, 2013

NYC Freegan Haul



This place is hands down becoming my favorite NYC Freegan spot.  I seriously am loving it.  I've read some really disparaging things about Freegans while researching and it's so mean minded.  But one thing I wanted to clarify, is that New York City is a whole different world when it comes to waste. Stores typically, throw out their salvageable foods in separate bags all on the curbside. This store specifically had individually sorted and bagged their goods inside their store bags inside a clear garbage bag inside another clear garbage bag, almost as if they were expecting the Freegans to come by.


It's an Organic bakery and its great that their bags are Biodegradable as well but they are dedicated to freshness so they toss out their goods every day to bake new ones.  I got about 6 Croissants, a ton of whole wheat bread, walnut bread, raisin bread, and french bread.  I'd estimate I got at least $50 worth of goods are for free, since their stuff is expensive!

http://www.lepainquotidien.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment