Saturday, March 3, 2012

Veggie Freezer Storage


Whenever Veggies go on sale, I don't let the fact that I'm single and cook for mostly myself deter me from buying them.  Otherwise, I'd almost never be able to finish my a whole bag of anyting before they expire.  Especially living in Queens, and all these great Asian Supermarkets getting on the dollar bag for fruits and veggies bandwagon.  My solution is to freeze them!!!!!!

I love this because it allows me to really stockpile healthy foods when their on sale.  Otherwise with the RISING cost in all healthy foods these days..I'd literally go poor from eating healthy.  It's so so sad to hear these days from a lot of normal responsible middle class even people say they can't afford fruits and veggies anymore.

I love freezing veggies because everyday that your veggies and fruits just sit there, they lose more and more nutrients even if their still in good looking shape.  And this allows to you save those nutrients.  And also, I am the laziest cook on the planet, I admit I love cooking but I hate veggie preparation.  It takes forever to wash, chop, peel and clean up that mess.  So having it all done and in the freezer saves me a lot of time and more likely to cook a healthy meal.

Here's My List of Great Veggies to Freeze
Celery
Carrots
Onions
Bell Peppers
Broccoli

I admit you won't be able to get great crunchy stir fries from them after freezing but you can use these to make great quick healthy soups and you won't notice a difference in taste. 
 I know everyone has limited freezer space so my suggestion is to prioritize on the things you know will be out of season and ridiculously expensive for me that's TOMATO's and Bell Peppers.    I don't freeze tomato's instead I make either quick tomato sauce or tomato soup base to freeze instead. And things you use the most often and would like conveniently chopped and ready. 

Cooking healthy meals, when your super busy can become SO  much easier if you do this.  I can't stress enough how I got majorly sick last time from eating all that take out and how much that ends up costing you in doctors visits, sick days and medicine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment