Saturday, March 3, 2012

Teashop Restuarant in Flushing: All You Can Eat Review

So OMG....so a couple days ago I went to one of my favorite spots in Flushing for food.  It's called the Teashop and too me its the most avante garde asian restarant in Flushing.  Its a mix of Modern Japanese food and Sushi. I love their Tuna Tartar on a Tortilla and its one of the few places to get Sushi that is non-supermarket grade in Flushing.  The best and freshest is still the expensive Korean Restaruants.  So it was the first time, I tried their ALL YOU CAN EAT menu and we went for lunch and I actually ate so much I couldn't even eat dinner.  So beyond that it is definately worth your buck to go eat here.  For a weekend lunch its $20.95 + Tip+ Tax.  Note the include 15% tip automatically.  And yes service is slow.  But the decor is nice


Appetizers/Soup

I think buffet is great because you can try all the expensive appetizers you would never risk ordering.

What we ordered:
The Mushroom Soup was really like water with a little flavor of Mushroom not really bad but if your looking for flavorful American Style soup you would not like this.  I ordered it and would probably order again in place of ordering a drink.  It really helped especially clear my palate.
The Curry Croquette was really bland and it was just 1 piece that looked like a hashbrown.  Would not order again.
Agedashi Tofu was bland as well.  Would not order again.
Quail Egg Wrapped in Bacon loved this !! Should have ordered more only 3 little eggs per order.  I love it so much I'm thinking of doing this as future appetizer for my parties.
Cheese Chikuwa its fried fish with a goey cheese filling inside, I loved it but thats my taste.  I don't think you really taste the fish. It comes in four small rolls, would order again.

Next time..I wanna try 
Kani Salad, Seaweed Salad, Miso Soup, Eel Sashimi, Wasabi Cracker, Shumai, Fried Calamari



Rolls/ Entrees

Okay one thing, I forgot about when ordering was how big Entrees are.  You have to finish your food so don't over order on Entrees because you'll get charged full price of whats left over.  I accidently ordered 3 rolls for myself and I forgot how large a regular order was.
Spicy Tuna Roll was okay, fish wasn't super fresh.
Rainbow Roll it was okay too.
Dragon Roll it was okay but really what makes a great one is super fresh fish.
Volcano Roll this was a surprise it was like these fried pieces on top so I would say good. 
Shrimp Tempura it was good but you really can't go wrong with Tempura.  I would not order again though because this really filled us up, and I don't know if we ordered but it came with a bunch of filling Veggie Tempura.
Fish Head Casserole my friend liked it and it looked really good.


Next time..will try to avoid too much fried foods
I want to try the Green Ocean Roll and Big Smile Roll, and some non fish entree like Sake Steamed Chicken, Beef Teriyaki

No comments:

Post a Comment