Thursday, March 29, 2012

After the Caramelized Onions... I made Veggie Soup



So I hate hate cleaning dishes so whenever I can reuse the pot for another recipe I do! Cause I am that lazy.  Plus I discovered this buy accident some of the taste in not washed pot remains.  So in this case I wanted the Caramelized Onion Flavor to infuse into my Soup.  Keep in mind, I am not big fan of rich and overly flavored soups.  This is more of a Veggie Broth super healthy and low in fat.

Ingredients
 I used 3 cups of the leftover water from boiling my Veggie Pasta.
2 Carrot Sticks - Chopped 
2 Celery Sticks - Chopped
2 Peeled Potato- Chopped
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Adobo Powder

Directions:

Toss everything in Crockpot.  Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.  Salt to taste.
Keep in mind the less salt you add the better and this is super low fat and high in vitamins.  You are not adding anything bad or artificial really. It's like eating veggies in a comforting way.

Variations

If you add just a little bit of the Caramelized Onions the whole soup will change flavor.  So yummi and magical.
Like I said before I hate the overly seasoned soups, so if you find this soup too bland you can instead use it as a soup extender for a broth like Canned Soup like Italian Wedding Soup from Campbell's. And you instantly can double the quality of your soup this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment