Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Dollar Store Organizing

I've realized going through this operation declutter.. which I am in no way near finished...the dollar store is amazing for organizer items.  And typically at way more than half off a normal store's pricing.  And you when you think of it most things needed for organizing are cheap but because it seems everyone's desperate to get organized.. retailers totally feed off your desperation by charging you crazy amounts more for a typically simple plastic product.

Most of the pictures of the items are from the DollarTree website since my stores are typically too crowded and don't take to kindly to photographers.  


I found versions of these at all my dollar stores in super cute colors, I would use these as cheap alternatives to expensive drawer organizers.  My store had 3 in a pack for $99 and the kind that locks with others so you can build around it to fit your drawer.  You could probably fill a whole kitchen drawer with two sets and pay only $1.98.  These are also great for organizing your underwear and sock drawers.

Compare that to the Container Stores Interlocking Drawer Organizers


These are super cute but still rubbermaid so I'm assuming plastic, and the price range for ONE piece is $1.99 to $3.49!!!!!!  Sure it looks very MOD but who is going to really look at the design inside your junk drawers besides you??  And I would definately think twice about getting wood ones which are even more expensive for two reasons 1) wood is more difficult to clean 2) wood can attract silver fish pests



These are amazing, if I weren't packing for a move .. I'd totally grab them now. I only found these at Cheap Jacks 99 Cent store in NYC and they had more cool colors.  I think they would be great for extending shelf organization.. the stacking helps make sure you use every inch of your space in an organized manor.


The Container Store has a white version of these and charge $3.99 each for the medium size ones, thats 4X as much as the dollar store.  And in the NYC dollar stores, they don't carry many version of these but I bet other states have more elegant versions as well.


They've had versions of these at the dollar section of even Target.  I love these too because metal is so easy to dust.  And the Green especially goes great with natural wood and white.  They look amazing with White Shelving.

No comments:

Post a Comment