Saturday, July 23, 2011

How To Clean Your Air Conditioning Filter

Being that we’re day 5 into a Heat Wave in NYC; I earlier this week I finally looked into how to clean my Air Conditioning Filter.  Ok background, I AM NO WAY a DIY house maintenance person.  But this was actually super easy and now not only does my Air Conditioner work much faster; but as many Personal Finance Articles attest to.. this will save you some $$ on your electricity bill.

Step ONE : Find your Filter


Step Two : Gently Tug out the Filter




                                           This is what a Clean One looks like

Step THREE:  Clean off the dust, I'll look like your dryer filter.  I suggest taking a paper towel and just gently running through the dusty areas.  If you've never done this before with your AC, it will look like think layer of dirty cotton.  So then I suggest lightly grabbing as much as you can and trashing it.  Obviously if you wet it, wait for it to dry before inserting back into your Air Conditioner.



No comments:

Post a Comment