Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of July 2011 Results

So I got paid this Friday!!!!!  Immediately, when I got a chance I paid all my end of the month and beginning of the next months due bills.  This way, I don't forget anything and get charged a nasty late fee.

And the results for this month (note numbers are wacky for this month because I only started tracking when I started this blog). 



$772.75 is what I'm sending to my Ally Bank Online Savings account.

So in order to meet my goal of saving $10,000 by the end of this year I have 5 months to go and $ 9,227.25 more to save.  I re-crunched the numbers and that is like going to be a super HIGH goal.  Not sure if I'm going to make it but I'm going to really try.  

I will need to cut back on my Entertainment budget fortunately it was mostly Groupons I havn't used up yet.   Plus I have to keep being diligent about using my Stockpile to make meals.  I really could not have done this without it and my awesome mini garden of Mint and Basil.  

I think the only way I'm going to meet this goal if I get desperate is to go back to investing; which is a risk I don't want take right now.  I'll re-evaluate when I hit the $5k mark.

The other option, is I need to step up my side income.  Maybe really get off my ass and find my USB so I can Ebay or Craigslist my some of my stuff.  So far this July, I've only accumulated $45 worth of assets. Which many would think is pretty miniscule but consider this.  If you had $10k in cash right now even in a high earning bank account, you'd earn about $10 a month (not counting taxes).



Goals for August:

Lower my Entertainment Costs (use my Free Museum admission work perk)
Keep Food Costs low (use my stockpile and Garden for recipes, freeze meals ahead to save time)
Ebay and Craiglist stuff in time for Back to School Season
Start to get back into couponing to replenish Stockpile and find money makers to reduce fresh food costs
Cut down on smoking





No comments:

Post a Comment