Monday, July 25, 2011

Housing Works Warehouse Sale Goodies Part 2

Not to brag but EVERYTHING I got only cost me a total of $8.50!!  At this sale you’ll find a good amount of male Hipsters which is the norm. But this time, I actually saw a couple of Yuppies.  Which really does say something about the NYC economy; if you think about it.
So this post is about the Mens Shirts, I got at the sale.  The Banana Republic Non- Iron shirt and Canali shirt; I picked up because they were in like Excellent condition.  The shirts were still crisply ironed and the colors were super bright vs Faded and worn in.  And total retail would have been about $330.


Usually you’ll find a lot of worn in Brooks Brothers dress shirts. One thing to check for with all dress shirts is the collar and arm pit stains; which is super hard to remove.  If you don’t know about brands; it’s easiest to just  run your hands over the cotton.  You can usually feel which is expensive vs the common $20 dress shirt.
Which brings me to the Ermenegildo Zegna shirt.  Why would I buy this shirt when its worn in and definitely not regiftable?  Not because the tag said made in Italy.. but because the cotton was super high quality.  It’s the kind where as you wear down the shirt, it starts to feel almost like silk except you don’t have to dry clean!!  This is how quality shirts used to be made.  AKA awesome PJ’s!!

PS I apologize in advance for the bad quality of my pics, my real digital camera is out of batteries and its USB cord is AWOL
But hey this is a blog about how I'm gonna save 10k by end of this year and being frugal so yea not gonna waste money for nicer pics

No comments:

Post a Comment