Monday, July 18, 2011

Housing Works Warehouse Sale


My favorite Charity in NYC is the Housing Works , which raises money to help New Yorkers Living with HIV/AIDS.  Seldom throughout the year they have their Warehouse Sales which is just a Frugal Fashionista's dream come true.  For 25 bucks they let you comb through tons of clothes and accessories and stuff as much as you can into one pretty big brown paper shopping bag.  I literally score my whole seasons wardrobe with one trip. And the BEST news today was that there is a GROUPON deal on it.  So instead of $25 a bag, you can buy a Groupon for $10!!! I almost had a heart attack at work when I saw this.

The deal ends in 3 hours today.  Warning though for retail only shoppers, it can be alil messy and I would definately recommend hand sanitizer at the end but its so so worth it.  It's for an amazing cause and you help save the environment alil.  Personally, if you don't mind the shifting through tons and tons of stuff and getting a huge bag full of treasures I'd buy more than one deal. I'm so tempted.  But I must resist, I honestly have to many clothes.
And if you've never done Groupon before you can use my referral code.
http://www.groupon.com/r/uu6821823

Another amazing tip, is if you have a Discover Credit card go through their ShopDiscover program because you get 15% rewards cash back. Which for me made the deal literally $8.50. Gotta love New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment