Sunday, March 10, 2013

What to do with Restaurant Leftovers


I recently had an overpriced meal with friend (peer pressure) it was unavoidable because it was to celebrate a major life event.  And after completely finishing my appetizer (never waste) I could only do half my meal justice.  So I took it home in a doggie bag for my HUMAN self of course.  It was a fried salmon with mashed potato's.  Personally, the Asian in me has a very hard time eating that much protein with out rice or more starch.  So I redid the meal by adding Salad and Plantains otherwise I wouldn't have been full.    The best part from a Frugal perspective is that salad (shouldn't be that expensive to add to your meal if you cut your own greens and its healthy) or any additional starchy meal like rice or potatoes.  Hint hint which is why restaurants typically fill as much of your plate as possible with that stuff.

Anyways, but doing this my overpriced meal became a little less overpriced because I got not only to hang out with pals but TWO meals out of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment