Sunday, March 10, 2013

Freegan Haul over $100 with of Groceries rescued



I've been pretty swamped lately so I hadn't had time to go to any of the Freegan Meetups lately.  So finally I went with just a buddy and boy did we hit Gold!! Just one NYC supermarket and we were not the first ones there, maybe an 1 hr of my time and over $100 worth of groceries rescued!!!

My buddy got hard packed Chicken like the boxed kind, lamb, spare ribs, Perfect condition boxed Parsley, Orange Juice, more Coconut Juice, Onions etc.  I feel bad because there were tons of breads, packaged Hamburger meat, and stuff left!  I only have so much fridge room.

But seriously, everything is already bagged and packaged pretty much that I took home.  But if your really a germ freak you can dunk the berries or stuff in a vinegar water solution.  It also helps preserve berries longer.   I still can't believe how much stuff is just thrown away! Seriously, its so tragic.  
I'm going to pretty much being eating super healthy salads all week!  And I'm really going to try to post the meals I make from my haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment