Saturday, March 16, 2013

Freegan NYC haul


I'm feeling super blessed.. I went the other night on a food rescue.. and I got there pretty late but this super nice woman gave me extras of her finds.  She apparently lives in the area and goes practically every day with her hubbie and just gave me what she considered some of her cleanest and best finds.  She gave me two boxed sandwiches and some premium bread and Hillshire Farm Sliced Sandwich meat!!!!!  Talk about super nice!  You do not want to know how much that stuff costs at a NYC supermarket.  And even better was I found Oscar Myer Center Cut Bacon, more wrapped sandwiches, lots more organic boxed salads and green beans!  I know that most people think diving is gross but this is NYC its not gross at all for the most part we have so many rules for garbage to avoid fines and its not residential garbage.  For example, there was one huge clear bag of just FRENCH Bread being thrown out.  And another huge bag with pastry paper and all their bakery garbage.  I grabbed a bunch of sweets, like muffins, donuts, scones etc (lots of which I already ate).  Even being late on arrival, me and my buddy took tons of stuff home on this one trip and had to leave a ton behind. 


Being on the conservative side, my haul alone could easy be worth $100!  This is almost better than couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment