Friday, September 21, 2012

Cheap Summer Salmon Meal Less than $1 per Serving





I basically divided the fillet in half and made 1 oz servings for cooked Salmon.  I pan fried because I was too lazy to take out grill, but basically spent about 10 minutes cooking it.  Then plated on large lettuce leaf, so I could eat it as a wrap.  And took went to my fridge from some ready made chic pea salad and added that as a side dish.  And magically you have a quick, healthy cheap and easy summer lunch or dinner!




Note: In terms of cost this meal definately cost me less than $1 to make because I get access to huge dollar bags of Veggies from the Chinese Supermarkets.  But even if you didn't have that I am pretty confident you could do this for $1.50 per dish if not better because the Salmon I ended buying would have been the equivalent of $8/lb which is way too high!  The key is to cut your fillets thin like the prepacked manufacturers do.



No comments:

Post a Comment