Monday, September 17, 2012

TIP Cheap Flavored Rice



So I got a ton of these for free a while back when they were doubling coupons, I'd never in my life used packed rice before but I've discovered their pretty yummy.  But since I'm not used to such a strong flavor in my rice, I experimented with diluting the taste.  And this is how I got to this blog post about making cheap flavored rice.  The proportion I am very happy with is for every 1 pack of Carolina Rice (4.5 oz) add 1 full cup of regular plain dry white rice.  Then add water to proper rice proportions.  The best thing about flavored rice is that its suppose to be a dry and so you can use super cheap Jasmine White rice. And because I'm extremely lazy I do this in my normal rice cooker.

Ingredients
1 Cup of Plain White Rice
1 Pack of Carolina Rice Mix
About 1 1/2 Cup Water ( follow your rice cooker)

Directions

Add the dry white rice, complete contents of the rice mix, and lastly water.


                                                Stir so seasoning can be evenly distributed.  



The close your rice cooker and press the cook button.  In about 30-40 minutes, you should be done.  Fluff the rice and serve.


If you have leftovers, this is a great type if rice to put in fridge and re-heat in microwave.




No comments:

Post a Comment