Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ground Beef mini Batch Cooking Plan







Prep Work

Night before: 

Marinate Meat in one big bowl, by adding your cooking wine, soy sauce, salt and pepper.  Then take out 1/3 portion of meat to transfer to separate bowl and add your Sazon (this is just for the Spanish style meat)

Day of cooking:
Chop all your onions you need for Menu in Food Processor.  Coarsely process Onions for Carmelized Onions if making.

Wash your veggies.  Dice Bell Pepper.  Roughly cut Broccoli.


Cooking Strategy

I start with the Carmelized Onions (basically dump ingredients in Crockpot and forget till end of day)
Then make Flavored Rice (basically dump ingredients and press cook and forget about it till I'm eating)
Make the Spanish Style Meat (about 10-15 min at the stove)
When that is done, I make the burger patties allowing the food to cool a little.  Then I store the food in fridge.

Using the same pan, I proceed to making the Hamburger Helper meal ( about 15-20 minutes at stove). I make this last, because its sauce based and if you make it first you will have to clean the cooking pan. While I'm waiting for the liquids to boil, I put my Broccoli on Steamer plate and steam.  By the time the pasta in the Hamburger Helper is done cooking, I can turn off the flame for the Broccoli.  Then eat something I've made since rice would be done as well.  And when I've finished eating, the Hamburger Helper should have cooled enough for me to prep for fridge storage.

If you have this routine down, you can do all this and clean up in about an 1-1.5 hours.  I was so happy because I barely had any dishes to wash and for me its at least 15 FULL meals.  I won't be eating meat everyday but I have at least 15 meals I can turn to if and when I am craving meat.  If your feeding a family just multiply the recipes to fit your needs and fridge space.

And by the time you are reheating your your next meal, your Crock Pot onions should be done. And all you have to do is transfer to the fridge.

** I was motivated to cook my ground beef because I had a 10 LB of Onions and some Bell Peppers I got on sale that I needed to use.  I took the opportunity since I was already prepping these ingredients for my immediate meal plan to freeze my extras as well for future meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment