Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sweet Potato Pancakes



Sweet Potato Pancakes

I got the idea from the fact that I had huge amount of leftover mashed Sweet Potato's from thanks to my $1 bag haul and I usually make the best pancakes from my leftover Soy Bean Okara.  This turned out really well and since sweet potato's are super healthy to start with this is a way to make your pancakes just a little bit more healthy.

SWEET POTATO PANCAKES

Ingredients

1 cup sifted flour
1 tsp  baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potatoes
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk


Directions

In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and spices.
In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until smooth.
Add potato mixture to flour mixture and mix until blended.
Heat lightly oiled pan or griddle.  Spoon in batter your preference of size.
Lower heat and cook until bottom of pancake is nicely browned and tiny bubbles form along top edges; flip with spatula. Brown other side.
Serve with syrup.


Tip: I try to make them about toaster size, so that I can freeze a bunch and just pop them in toaster to reheat.







No comments:

Post a Comment