Saturday, September 15, 2012

Easy Spanish Style Meat Dish


For ages, I'd been a huge admirer of Spanish foods being a fan of Sophie's in NYC.  And I'd tried reproducing my favorite dishes but there was always a missing component to my recipes and I'd finally figured it out! You need SAZON from Goya, its basically MSG but so basic to every Spanish style meat dish.  My recipe is super easy and versatile, and great even when frozen and reheated.


Here's my Recipe its really flexible you really just need ground beef, sazon, onions and bell pepper.  It makes 6 servings for me but 4 if you eat a lot more.

Ingredients:
1/2 LB Ground Beef
1 Bell Pepper (any thing you have on hand)
1 Onion
1/2 packet of Sazon
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 TSP Soy Sauce
2 TSP Cooking Wine
1/2 Chili Pepper (if you like heat and have on hand)

Directions:
  • Put your Wine and Soy Sauce into your Ground Beef and lightly distribute.  Then mix in Sazon. Store in fridge overnight.
  • Chop your Onions and Bell Peppers set aside.
  • Heat and Oil up your cooking pan, add in Onion and Chili Pepper (if using).  Let cook for 3 min, then add in your meat and keep moving the items in pan.  Cook till meat looks about done and add in your Bell Peppers.  Add Salt and Pepper to taste.



I love this dish because it's so yummi and the bell peppers and onions are great ways to stretch the meat use out.
Usually I serve over my Frugal Version of Spanish Rice but today I was too lazy to make a new batch of rice.






No comments:

Post a Comment