Saturday, August 11, 2012

Asian Style Pulled Pork Sandwich


I love how sometimes when you improvise you find an amazing new recipe and you save yourself the trouble of having to make a trip to grocery store for just one ingredient. I didn't have cabbage, fresh onions and carrots to make coleslaw the traditional accompaniment to pulled pork because I've been depending mostly on my prior batch cooking stash.  But luckly I had some asian Sour Cabbage.  As you can see, I only filled half my Sandwich with it because I wasn't sure how the taste was going to come out. But I loved it, its sweet and sour and so totally ASIAN style pulled pork.

Ekk and I'm not a huge meat eater these days as you can see I've never been one to have 1 inch think layers of meat in their sandwiches.  So the batch I made of pulled pork is gonna last me through a lot of sandwiches. Best part is I just when crazy at Cheap Jacks when they had their Pepperidge Farm whole wheat bread for $1.29 a loaf :)


I wonder how many sandwiches, I'll be able to make out of my batch??

No comments:

Post a Comment