Saturday, August 11, 2012

Asian Style Pulled Pork


So today, tip always best to go to supermarket in AM there was this managers special on Pork Shoulder regular price $1.79 / lb reduced to $.88/ lb.  I totally grabbed it as I've been dying to try making pulled pork sandwiches.

Which is amazing price for meat although there is bone to consider.  Anyways, the minute I ran home I got out my Crockpot to make make pulled pork.  Problem was I didn't have any BBQ sauce or white vinegar left.  So I'd thought I'd improvise and make this an Asian Style Pulled Pork Recipe  since I did still have that  several bottles of Asian Plum Sauce I'd gotten for free during the epic Pathmark Triple Coupon event.  The vinegar is too take out the dead carcass smell when cooking so I subbed it with Red Wine Vinegar.


It turned out yummy so I'm sharing my recipe.

Asian Style Pulled Pork

Ingredients

2 1/2 lbs Pork Shoulder
1 Tbs Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbs Sugar
1 Tbs Adobo
1 Tbs Ginger finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
4 oz of Plum Sauce
Salt to taste 

Directions

Put Pork in Crockpot, toss Red Wine Vinegar on top, season with salt, and sugar.  Then put ginger and garlic in any possible crevices.  The rub the Adobo on Pork Shoulder.  Finally dump on plum sauce.

Then cover Crockpot and cook on High for 4 hours or until meat easily pierces with fork. This is how mine looked when it was done.

Then shred meat with two forks. This is how much meat I had when I took out the bone.

Then take the juices left at the bottom of your Crockpot and pour over meat mixture.


And your done!!!!! Yummi and super easy to make not to mention frugal!!
I'm going to put the bones in my freezer for the next time I need to make Soup Stock.



No comments:

Post a Comment