Sunday, August 12, 2012

Basil Ice Cream Recipe - Easy























While visiting one of Romes famed Gelateria's near Piazza Navona in Italy, I discovered Basil Gelato.  There's had figs and fresh basil; it seems like a strange combination but it was amazing!  So as I deal with Basil growing season and I haven't been able to find any in NYC I've been on a mission to recreate that yummi Basil Gelato.



So when Breyer's went on sale for less then $2 a carton, I decided to experiment with the Butter Pecan flavor.


And it took me all the way back to Italy.  
Here's the recipe.

Ingredients 
6 Basil Leaves
1 serving of Breyer's Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Directions

Finely chop your basil leaves.  Mix into ice cream with fork.  And enjoy!

If you want to make this for party, where presentation is important.  Then you can use food processor to chop large batch of basil leaves.  And process ice cream as well to get Pecan's chopped a little.  Then put back into carton so the flavors can incorporate more.  And then serve when you need to. Add whole basil leaves for garnish.


No comments:

Post a Comment