Monday, August 13, 2012

Bacon Potato Pasta


I'm in an Italy nostalgia phase obviously, I miss the food a lot!!!! The best thing about their Pasta is the simplicity of the meals.  I remember having this amazon bacon pasta while I was there, everything was so fresh and it just made it the best food ever.  Anyways, I've been on a mission to recreate italian dishes and use my stockpile lately.  This is great for the days when you have left over bacon and potato.  For me I still have a batch of my free pasta, pasta sauce to go through as well as that huge sack of potato's I got in the last sale I posted about.  And while its not Italy Standard, its still yummi and super easy and cheap to make.




Ingredients
4-5 oz bacon ( used 1/3 of my pack) cut to bite sized
1 lb dried pasta ( i used a combo of leftover packs)
1 potato (peeled and cubed)
1 jar of alfredo sauce
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan sprinkled to taste


Directions

Start cooking your pasta.  In the meantime, fry your bacon and mid way turn down heat and add in your potato.  You want to have the potato sorta fried in the bacon grease.  Then drain your cooked pasta. Toss pasta into pan with bacon and potato's stir and season.  Then lastly add in your alfredo sauce and stir till sauce warms up.  Then serve and sprinkly your parmesan cheese to taste. Enjoy.



Note: this should easily serve 4 people all at once.  And its not a heavy cheese sauce dish.
I personally separated the bacon/potato mix and the pasta and sauce to store in fridge because I am cooking just for myself.  So basically, to reheat I'd heat the bacon/potato mix first, then add pasta and lastly sauce. Then season.

And while, I used all my freebies from couponing its still cheap meal to make if you can get these items on sale.  I'd say you can still keep your serving cost to about $1 a serving.

Tip: Bacon Freezes super well.  I've had my bacon in my fridge from a breakfast sale from over a year ago and its still good.



No comments:

Post a Comment