Saturday, December 22, 2012

DIY Movie Theme Gift Basket


Instead of just giving the standard, Movie Gift Certificate in an Envelope, why not create a more extravagant looking gift like this DIY Movie themed "gift basket"?  With smart couponing and Clearance shopping, it only took less than $.50 per basket more to make this than giving an impersonal envelope with the gift certificates.

What you'll need:

Paper Popcorn basket ( you can usually find these cheaper at the dollar store party section than at a craft store)
Ribbon (optional)
Candies (Halloween Clearance and CVS freebie black friday sale)
Movie gift card or certificate
Piece of Card Board as backer for stability (optional depends on the candies you use)
Filler paper or plastic bag
Cellophane Wrap 





Directions
Fill Popcorn Basket with the filler of your choice at the bottom.  If your using Cardboard for extra support in the back, put it in before filler.  Now you can add the candies and movie tickets from the back (tallest candies) to the front (shortest).  Arrange to preference.  The wrap with cellophane and tie with ribbon.




My gift has retail worth of $30 if not more and I pretty much spent less than $.50 to create my gift this year because of My Coke Rewards!!! I love them this year, I got the 2 AMC silver tickets, 2 free Sodas for free by using my coke bottle and can codes for rewards!!  But even if you did't have the free tickets, you can use those discounted tickets you get throughout the year from deal sites like the last one I announced for Regal Entertainment that went for $5 each !  Those are great once because they never expire and have no restrictions!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! Were you able to meet your goal this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea it was great! I did 3 movie baskets and 8 beauty sets, 4 gift cards pretty much all for free because of Cokerewards and Rite Aid. Even if I counted the wrapping I got all from clearance last year I don't think I spent more than $2, I'm really psyched for next year!

    ReplyDelete