Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tofurky Recipe So Amazing




One of the best things about being Freegan in NYC is the amazin high end foods you find that allow you to try new foods.  So I found a brand new package of Tofurky Roast , I threw out the box to make space in my bag but it was perfectly frozen even when I got home.  

So Tofurky its a Vegetarian Turkey made of tofu and other amazing all organic ingredients.



This is what it looks like not exciting but boy is it worth it.

This recipe is so easy too.

I didn't have potato's so I just chopped 3 celerie sticks, 2 handfuls of baby carrots, 1/2 onion and put at the bottom of your casserole dish.





Then I put the Tofurky on top. Created a baste of 3 TBS oil, 1 TBS soy sauce, a dash of garlic powder and pepper.  Pour half of mixture on Tofurky.  Cover dish and bake for 1 1/4 Hour at 400 Degrees.


At an hour past, cover and pour rest of baste on.
Return back to oven till cooking time is over.

Then cook gravy on stove top.


Review: this Tofurky is amazing, it tastes not exactly like Turkey but to me its even better!





No comments:

Post a Comment