Saturday, May 25, 2013

Final Haul from My Favorite Food Rescue Spot


So bummed that my favorite spot closed and this was the last seriously EPIC haul.  It was so huge that SERIOUSLY, that I have to do 3 pics separately for the haul.  And one freegan who came out of semi retirement was so psyched that we ended having to take a cab because it was just too much to carry.

I sectioned this pic as random stuff like a whole cantolope and pre made Chicken Breasts, and strings and perfectly good Garbage bags.  To give you and idea of how large this haul was lots of other people were diving too and me and my buddies split all the stuff among the 3 of us.



The was tons of fancy glass drinks still in the cases we had to take out for easier transporting.  I am so excited about the Ginger Beer and Shandy!  I didn't take many of the speciality flavored sodas like Jones or Starfruit sodas, but others did.  So bummed I had to leave the Vegan Cookie dough ice cream and tons other ice cream behind in their orginal shipping packing :( 

Anyways there was so much stuff I'm posting close ups.
This haul was epic for all the perfectly packaged cheese.. Even split among 3 of us, I took home 6 packs of string cheese, 4 packs of sliced Swiss/Mozerella  and one pack of shredded Mozarella cheese. A total of 11 packs of cheese, easily worth $55.


And the chocolate, there was tons of fancy Dark Chocolate bars and Toberones.


And the sweetest finds was all the healthy organic like dry snacks below!




And I was super psyched about the churros and italian pasteries, (just like the ones you can get in ITALY).

And lets not forget for VEGANS, the best treasure was a shipping box full of still frozen Tofutti Cream Cheese Substitute!  I took like 5 because the expiration was so far ahead.




No comments:

Post a Comment