Monday, May 13, 2013

Freegan Finds


It just keeps getting better and better.. the group had raved about these cookies and I'm shocked to say they were right.  These have to be one of the best chocolate walnut cookies I've ever had.

I arrived late to the produce dive but either way I got Crab Salad, Gourmet Tuna Salad, 3 packs of whole wheat Pita Breads, bagels, Arugula, Tomotoes and english cucumbers. 

And lets get the most awesome find at the supermarket that starts with an A**, I was with a group of people but they had a whole bag separated just with the breads and their ready to eat trays of food.  One bag had stacks of meat dishes still warm.  Which is why I took it along with others.


As you can see its one of those huge trays, mines was completely full.  For dinner I just steamed some to eat with rice.


And the reason I was late to the group dive was I just happened to stop by my fav spot super early and their was actually stuff!  So I got breads, Gourmet Apricot Almond Panko, regular panko and the gold mine was the 4 packs of Feta Cheese, the use by date actually is today.. but I freeze cheese all the time.


And the best part of this haul was finding DRINKS it happens but is rare.  I literally could not carry anymore.  The below, I found literally just out on the side walk still in cases because some had gotten broken, the delivery truck just decided to leave it there shattered glass and all.  I wish I had more room to take more as they were super clean and literally I saw the delivery guys drive away.  You can probably guess which expensive these came from.


And the best party of the night, a super high end Juice store.. literally I got 10 bottles worth $90!!!!!! thats how expensive organic drinks are.  Any ways I had like half a bottle today and damn if I didn't actually feel better today.



Estimate of my haul about $200!!!!!






2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    Loving your blog! I can't believe how much you've found in the dumpsters. I've only ever gone once, on a trip to Denmark. It was absolutely amazing. Now, in NYC, how easy is it to dumpster dive anyway? I know that here in Canada a lot of the dumpsters are in locked areas, and bigger chain stores have trash compactors (boo). I'd love any tips you could give me!

    --Mel

    Check out my blog: http://melsfreefinds.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx, its seriously so easy in nyc the only thing is most dives except sunday happen after 9pm, so u walk to the side walk and there the trash bags and its not against the law once its on a public side walk, and seriously the good divers can feel the bag and just noe theres stuff .. you eventually find your favorite regular stores, some stores even put the good stuff in clear bags bc they noe divers will come and we have a meetup group in nyc for freegans that show u great local spots.. your best bet since u have locked areas is your local freegan group i saw your area has free market so there must be a group of freegans in your area

    ReplyDelete