Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pret A Manger's Curry Egg Arugula Sandwich


The other day, I got a craving for Pret's Curry Egg Arugula Sandwich...which is so so ridiculously expensive at least $5 for a small meatless sandwich (ok yes PRET does use organic everything and cagefree eggs) but seriously kinda ridiculous.  And then it hit me!!!  I had organic bread for Le Pain Quotidien still in my freezer and lots of organic Arugula from my food rescues.  I basically just hard boiled eggs the prior night and brough some condiment mayo from resturants and put in a zip lock my seasonings of curry powder, salt and pepper and it was the most amazing work lunch ever!

So I'd thought I'd post about it today since I just had to share this yummi cheap meal.

Below are my freegan ingredients.




What you need to make this is 

2 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 Tablespoons Mayo
1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
Handful of Arugula
Salt and Pepper to taste
Bread if you want to make it a sandwich





Add mayo in bowl with seasonings.  Mix.


Add in your hard boiled eggs and mash with back of fork.


Then mix everything or if your doing this at work shake your tupperware.
Adjust seasonings if you wish.  

Transfer mix to your bread that you've layered with Arugula.  


Or if you have left overs just mix in more Arugula for a Salad!

I'm just blown away by how much a difference Arugula makes !








No comments:

Post a Comment