Friday, November 25, 2011

Teddy Bear Gift

So if you have Teddy Bears from your stock pile, here's a possible suggestion.

So last year, Hallmark had coupon that I used to get a free Kiss Bear.  Alone, the Kiss Bear would have cost $5 so I couldn't just give that as a gift.  To make it more expensive, I had to add stuff without looking like I was being cheap and just adding stuff.  So since this was a KISS Bear, and I had free Listerine Breath Strips and Hershey's Kiss Candy...I came up with a theme of Kiss Bear in Wrap.  It was great because everything tied in with kissing theme.  The Candy, Listerine and Bear.  


DIRECTIONS
Step 1:  Cut the Net packaging off a bag of Tangerines since it was Red and I didn't want to waste Cellophane.





Step 2: Lay out Wrap and put Bear in Center, use the Listerine as backing so Bear has height and put Candy in Bears Lap.  Gather up wrapping and tie with ribbon.




Either way this was a decent attempt to use my Stockpile stash of freebies to make a presentable sorta expensive looking gift.  I think everything looks more expensive in Cellophane Wrap for some reason.  So I did have to buy Cellophane Wrap at dollar store for this project.


Warning: I am so not Crafty so I bet if I knew how to actually wrap well with Cellophane, it could have come out nicer.  And if I'd cut our more Cellophane, the Bear wouldn't have been so squished that it looked a lot smaller than it was.  Also, I think the inside could have been a lot nicer maybe with confetti or better wrap.

**This year at CVS's 3 day Black Friday event, they are selling the Listerine Pak for $2.99 with a $2.99 ECB making it free as well limit 2

1 comment:

  1. I got what you mean , thanks for posting .Woh I am happy to find this website through google. Eddy the Teddy

    ReplyDelete