Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Money Saving Tip: Always ask for the Doggie Bag


My second most favorite thing about eating out is the DOGGIE BAG.  I remember advice once I was at a wedding given to me by my cousin she said "don't waste your time eating the cheap food and appetizers and save room for the Entree." Since then I've totally changed my perspective on eating out frugally.  When being served all the starter courses I totally fill myself up so mainly I don't waste food but also because then I no doubt will not be able to finish my main course!  Which means I can ask for a DOGGIE BAG !!!!! And also have room for dessert which you typically can't ask nor want to be mixed in with your Entree Doggie Bag.

I don't care how nice the restaurant, I ask for it and its literally some of the best meals I've ever had.  And this is a tradition of mine since college to make meals out of my doggie bags.  Since then my doggie bag food has been focused on stretching as many meals as possible.  




So basically my left overs included steak and mushrooms and an ONION garnish.  


The proper meat serving size is actually a deck of cards so I took some of the steak, a couple mushrooms, some chinese broccoli and scallion I had in my fridge and cut it up.  Then I sent about making my Ramen and added an egg to it.  When the Ramen was about cooked, I added all my chopped ingredients.

And the final product a super YUMMI Steak and Eggs Ramen!


And the best part is I still have some steak, onions, and mushrooms left to make even more meals!





No comments:

Post a Comment