Sunday, January 12, 2014

Left Over Cooking Ideas: BBQ Burger Lunch Combo

HOW I save money on eating out and food

I love leftovers.  It becomes almost a game to me.. I ask myself ways to extend a meal especially when I'm eating out.  Or getting treated by work.  Like this day I got a lunch order of a BBQ Burger with Bacon and french fries.  I made it my goal to start with the Fries since those get cold and soggy and are not good for left overs.  Then I ate the small coleslaw side.  Once I ate that I barely could finish the Burger ! Hint hint that was the point.  But I made an effort eat half of it and save the rest for another meal.  There is a method to my madness lol I always get bacon if its FREE aka company is treating or same priced to another menu item.  I never eat it and just save it for BREAKFASTS!  So this ONE lunch order I was able to stretch out into 3 meals.



Meal two above, all I did was take out the bacon.  Fry it with an egg, and toasted leftover bread I had from another meal and topped with cheap american cheese.  To make a cheap next day breakfast sandwich.  ($.10 for the egg, $.10 for cheap cheese) so $.20 extra cents!

AND MEAL THREE, was just half the burger with the bacon taken out, the meat portions were huge on this so all there meals were filling.  And to jazz it up, I added some lettuce and tomato after reheating the burger.


No comments:

Post a Comment